Quinoa Brakfast Bowl
If you’re craving a warm and tasty meal for breakfast this quinoa bowl is a fabulous alternative to oatmeal.
With a complete amino acid profile quinoa is a good vegetarian source of protein, so you get your protein all wrapped up in a comfort food. Add chopped fruits with a handful of nuts and seeds and you’ve got a power breakfast that will keep you going strong all morning long.
Make a big batch over the weekend and reheat or enjoy cold any time you want. It makes a wonderful snack as well.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cup water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 medium organic gala apples
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dried berries of your choice -- I use blueberries
- 2- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- Place quinoa with water and almond milk in 1.5 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Core and cube apples. Add apples and remaining ingredients to cooked quinoa.
- Heat through while stirring. Serve hot or cold.