Bacon Arugula Scramble
A healthy breakfast is easy to eat when it is as tasty as this bacon arugula scramble. Invite a couple of friends over on a Saturday or Sunday morning and enjoy a scrumptious brunch together.
I love bacon and though I don’t recommend eating it daily, go ahead and enjoy it once in a while. Make sure you buy bacon from pigs raised in the US not in China. Pork from China is highly toxic and should never find itself on your plate. Feel free to switch out the greens in this recipe to something else. Kale and zucchini are two fabulous choices that pair up quite nicely with bacon.
- 6 thick slices uncured smoked applewood bacon
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 4 generous handfuls wild arugula
- 8 eggs
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into cubes and place in a large skillet. Sauté until cooked through but still tender.
- Add chopped shallot to pan with bacon fat and sauté until tender.
- Add arugula and wilt.
- Meanwhile beat eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to eggs.
- If your bacon rendered a lot of fat, remove some of the fat leaving just enough in the pan so that your eggs won't stick.
- Add bacon back to skillet with shallots and arugula. Pour eggs. Reduce heat and gently cook eggs until desired degree of wellness. I love them a little runny but my daughter prefers them dry.
- Serve hot and enjoy!